How This Madness Began
Early Disney Dreams:
When I was young I was in love with everything Disney. I remember the first time I walked down Main Street, I wanted to live there, just to be there every day. When I got older I realized you can't live there so I decided to try to work there.
Reality Check:
I looked into it and read that I had to live in the state to apply, and seeing as I lived in New Mexico, Disney was obviously beyond my grasp. So I gave up my dream of working at Disney and went on with my life without the dream. When I gave up that dream and with it I gave up future dreams period. I ended up dropping out of college and working random jobs for several years.
I then found my way into the travel & tourism industry, the only industry I ever truly loved. I went to International Airline Academy and shortly after I graduated with honors I went to work for Southwest Airlines. I loved working at Southwest Airlines, but life had other plans.
Family:
When my daughter was born ill and I chose to quit my job to take care of her. Don't get me wrong it's not a decision I regret she was worth everyday of that sacrifice, but I always missed the airport, the tourists, the vacationers, the fun, the stress, the people, all of it. I took my daughter back to NM to raise her near family and went back into the family business. It's a business I know well but was never crazy about.
New Disney Dream:
Over the last year or so I've felt this dream pulling at my heart. So here I am 30 years after my original Disney Dream, over 20 years after I gave that dream up for good, trying to make the dream from my childhood a reality. I am currently looking for a job with Walt Disney World or Disney's Vero Beach Resort in Florida & praying for the Lord's guidance and help with housing & jobs. I hope to use this blog to chronicle my thoughts, my struggles, my triumphs, and defeats on this journey. To share this journey with whomever is interested in it.
No comments:
Post a Comment