It's 2:30 am on Wednesday, July 4th and I can not sleep. I can't stop thinking about everything. I was supposed to be gone by now, spending July 4th watching fireworks from Downtown Disney & helping Val get a party set up of for her daughter. Yet here it is Independence Day and I still have not struck out on my journey to Florida, I'm no closer to my dreams of Florida and Disney than I was months ago. I'm still living in Texas still working at Llano, and still dreaming about "Some Day". Although I hate not moving forward, I have tried to come to a place of peace concerning our current setbacks. I'm trying to enjoy and appreciate every minute with the friends and family we will be leaving behind and not worry too much about exactly when or where we will go.
I spent the day upset that I am not settled in Florida yet and the evening with 2 of my dearest friends and their husbands, one of whom leaves on his next deployment as soon as all our July 4th festivities end. I am so glad I had tonight with them I guess it's true God does work in His timing and although Clayton is not where I thought my Independence Day 2012 was supposed to be I'm certainly glad it's where I found myself this year.
I hope everyone has a Wonderful, Safe, and Happy Independence Day. Find a Veteran, Find a Soldier, Find a Marine, an Airman, a Seaman, a Guardsman, and Thank them. Tell the Military families in your life you love them. Stand by them with love and support. Wherever you are whether it's where you planned to be or not let the people in your life know that you love them we are not guaranteed tomorrow so don't miss the opportunity to say I Love You.

No comments:
Post a Comment